Powerful Tool for Progress: Group Counseling Services in Lynchburg VA
At Wyndhurst Counseling and Wellness, our group counseling services in Lynchburg VA are powerful tools to help individuals progress in ways that traditional methods may not achieve. Many of us struggle with the feeling of being alone in our struggles, but group therapy helps us understand that our experiences are not so unique. By sharing our experiences in a group setting, we can gain new perspectives and insights that we may have yet to reach on our own.
A Safe and Supportive Environment for Personal Growth
It is common for individuals to feel anxious before their first group session, but our experienced, licensed counselors ensure that this anxiety quickly fades. Members can share their experiences at their own pace, and our group sessions provide a safe and supportive environment for individuals to do so. It is important to note that sharing can take time, and we encourage members to share their experiences using “I” statements.
Wyndhurst Counseling & Wellness
Rules for Group Counseling Services in Lynchburg VA
- Group sessions are confidential. Our Licensed Counselors are bound ethically & legally not to divulge the contents of the group sessions in a way that could identify its members. Remember, we are building trust & security.
- Use “I” statements: Please, speak from your experiences by using “I” rather than “we,” “you,” and “us.” We can only talk about how we feel, not how others might feel.
- Be on time. When you are on time, it shows respect for the process & the group. Unless previously excused by the group counselor, you are expected to attend all group sessions. If you cannot commit to the group process, your Counselor will assist with transitioning to more suitable treatment.
- Minimize unnecessary movements/distractions: No cell phones, eating, or anything that might cause a distraction to the group environment.
- No war stories: Do not get stuck in a euphoric recall, glamorize, or romanticize your addiction. If it were so great, we wouldn’t be here.
- No cross-talk: Do not talk when someone else is sharing. Please share your experience when it is your time.
- No intimacy between members: It is unhealthy for the group if there is coupling.
- No side conversations while someone else is talking –
- No sleeping or nodding off in the group.
- Dress appropriately for the group.
- Violence or intimidation of other group members is never tolerated.
Lynchburg VA Group Counseling Services – Questions and Answers:
How is Group Counseling different from a Support Group?
At Wyndhurst Counseling and Wellness, each Group Counseling session is led by a licensed professional and trained clinician, unlike peer-led support groups.
How Long is a Group Counseling session at Wyndhurst Counseling and Wellness?
The duration of each session typically ranges from 50 to 60 minutes.
Does each Group Counseling program have a specific start and end date?
Group Counseling is designed to be an ongoing session without a set duration or endpoint.
What is the process for signing up for Group Counseling at Wyndhurst Counseling and Wellness?
To join any Group Counseling offered at Wyndhurst Counseling and Wellness, an intake process must be completed. This way, we can determine the best available Counseling options for your needs.
How many people are in each Group at Wyndhurst Counseling and Wellness?
Our ideal group size is 6-8 people, but we can accommodate groups of 10-12 individuals.