Choosing Wyndhurst Counseling Center to Provide LPC Supervision:
We provide LPC Supervision from an educational perspective while using a variety of theories. We see LPC Supervision as a collaborative effort and our interns are treated as equals. We prepare interns to provide great treatment.
Development is one of the main goals of LPC Supervision. During LPC Supervision, we focus on developing your clinical techniques but more importantly we will work together to develop and discover your authentic self as a counselor.
Cost for LPC Supervision:
In exchange for supervisor’s time, expertise and licensure, the supervisor will be compensated per session for individual sessions (45 minutes). The LPC Supervisor will be compensated (approximately one half the cost of individual supervision) for group supervision. If the session is by phone or Skype, the payment will be made at the time of scheduling.
Location for LPC Supervision:
All LPC Supervision takes place at our center (or at another designated location) and can also be done via Skype. If done by Skype, the initial supervision meeting must “begin” in person.
Steps to Becoming a LPC Applicant (for LPC Supervision) in the Commonwealth of Virginia :
- Sixty graduate hours completed in counseling or psychology
- An interview with the potential LPC Supervisor and a completed contract, setting out the terms of the LPC Supervision
- Documentation is prepared and sent to the Virginia Board of Counselors.
- Permission has been granted to the supervisee from the Virginia Board of Counselors to proceed with the collection of LPC Supervision hours
- Provision of proof of liability insurance to Wyndhurst Counseling Center
- Provision of a signed LPC Supervision Agreement Form to Wyndhurst Counseling Center (provided by Wyndhurst Counseling Center)